Source of Starting Material
For Cultivation Licences: Source of Starting Material
This section only applies to micro-cultivation, nursery and standard cultivation licences.
You can receive starting materials (cannabis plants and seeds) that were obtained:
- in accordance with:
- the former Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations
- the former or current Industrial Hemp Regulations, or
- the Cannabis Regulations (for example, from a federal licence holder)
- from a person authorized to sell cannabis under a provincial Act
You can also receive starting materials from a source that is not listed above, on an exceptional basis. You’ll need to submit a declaration under subsection 10(2) of the Cannabis Regulations for your licence application.
It needs to:
- contain the quantity of cannabis plants and seeds (individual quantity per type of cannabis) that you’ll possess on the effective date of your licence
- be signed and dated by the responsible person